We never post PSP News, but this one is quite interesting, developer Sonywiz has updated his PSP Emulator for Windows, here is a quote from the source:
This version has major improvements:
- Module loading (this allow more games to run, including some software like PRX Decrypter or LUA Player)
- Automatical EBOOT decryption. It will decrypt EBOOTs on the fly. This will allow lots and lots of new games to start running. (But still requires some work to get most of them ingame).
- Note: with those improvements I have noticed lots of games start running, and some more starting like: Princess Crown and Ys The Ark of Napishtim.
- Now you can drag & drop executable files on the emulator window
- Implemented bltzal/bltzall required for some games
- Implemented DXT1
- Fixed DX3 RB
- Added lots of new APIs and fixed some of them.
- Added a new versioning system. Releases now are denoted by the date eg: 20120407, git revision: 959572e63973662303c2dfd80f6fb60eaebb4072, and now also a count revision r256. This is an incremental number that indicates the number of commits to the repository.
Here is a video i created messing around with the Emulator, i hope others that use it have better luck than me >.<
As we don’t post PSP news, Avanaboys software was neglected, i had a chance to test it with this Emulator, here is a video of that in action:
If you have a PSP or just want to mess around with thye Emulator, grab Avanaboys software:
Here At PS3HaX